ELstat (Electronic Elevator Notification System) is a subscription service that notifies customers when elevators are In and Out of service at user specified Metrorail stations. Alerts can be sent to both email addresses and cell phones.
An alert is a notification of the status of elevators. You may configure alerts to be sent only on specific days at set times (a "specific time" alert), or throughout a time span, as elevator statuses change (an "interval" alert).
1. From the main ELstat page, click Sign up for Alerts.
2. Specify at least one email address or phone number where you want your alerts to be sent. A code will be sent electronically to each delivery option.
3. Wait for a confirmation code to be delivered to at least one of your delivery options. This generally takes no more than a few minutes.
4. Once you receive your confirmation code(s), enter it in the specified area. Note that your confirmation code is case sensitive. If you provided multiple delivery options, you may proceed to creating an alert as soon as you have received at least one confirmation code; your other delivery options can be activated at a later time by returning to the confirmation screen and entering the code(s) you were sent.
5. Click Create Your First Alert to begin.
Confirming these ensures that the specified email address or mobile device belongs to you, and you are aware that a subscription is being created.
Unique confirmation codes will be sent to each email address or cell phone number you entered during the signup process.
No, you will receive a unique confirmation code for each.
If you enter an incorrect delivery option, you will not receive the confirmation code and therefore you will not be able to activate it and assign it to any alerts. In order to correct this, simply click the Cancel link beside the unactivated delivery option from the Manage Delivery Options page, and add the correct one.
After your delivery options have been confirmed, your password will be sent to all of your confirmed delivery options. You can use this password to access your account during subsequent visits. Once you have logged in, you can change the password.
From the ELstat home page, click the Manage my Account link to log into the application. In order to log in, you will need to enter one of your confirmed delivery options and your password. Once the information has been entered, please click the "Log in" button to log into ELstat.
1. Log into ELstat.
2. From the Alert Summary page, click Change Password.
3. Enter your current password.
4. Enter and verify your new password.
5. Click Change Password.
If you forgot your password you can reset it and a new password will be generated and sent to you.
The steps are as follows:
1. From the ELstat log in page, click the I forgot my password link.
2. In the login box, enter any email address or a mobile device number you have previously confirmed in the system. A password reset token will be sent to this delivery option.
3. To complete the reset procedure, enter the same delivery option along with the the password token you received.
4. After clicking Reset Password, the system will send the new password to the specified delivery option.
5. You can then log in and change your password.
Unsubscribing refers to deleting your entire account. You may also elect to selectively
disable alerts instead of unsubscribing completly. The steps are as follows:
1. Log into ELstat.
2. Click the Unsubscribe link.
3. Type "confirm" in the text box and click "Delete My Account"
1. Log into ELstat.
2. From the Alert Summary page, click "Manage Delivery Options".
3. Add an email address or phone number. If you add a phone number, don't forget to specify your mobile carrier as well.
4. Wait to receive the confirmation code. This should not take more than a few minutes.
5. Enter the confirmation code (note that the code is case sensitive) in the Manage Delivery Options page.
6. Click confirm email address or phone number.
1. Log into ELstat.
2. From the Alert Summary page, click Manage Delivery Options.
3. From the list of your active delivery options, click Delete to delete a particular delivery option.
There are two scenarios where a delivery option cannot be deleted.
1. If this is your only delivery option, you cannot delete it unless you first add at least one more.
2. If a delivery option is in use by an alert, and it is the sole delivery option assigned to the alert, you will not be able to delete it until you unassign it from the alert.
You can have up to five delivery options for your subscription.
Up to five delivery options can be used in a single alert.
In order to calculate the correct delivery address for a phone number, we need both your number and carrier. As an example, 2025550001 at Verizon will become email@example.com.
If you are signing up for a new account, click Resend Code from the confirm email address or phone number page.
If you are adding a delivery option while signed into your account:
1. Click Manage Delivery Options.
2. Under Validate Delivery Options, click Resend Code next to the listed delivery option which needs to be confirmed.
There is no limit to how many stations you can have for any given alert. However, it is highly recommended to select only one or two stations if this will be sent to a phone number.
This is an alternate means of selecting your stations using a map view. Note that your
browser must have the Microsoft Silverlight plugin installed in order for this feature to work. You may require
administrative privileges to install Silverlight on a computer that is part of a business network. The Silverlight
installation page is below:
In order to use the map to select stations, follow the steps below:
1. Click Add or edit an existing alert.
2. Under the Stations to Monitor drop-down, click the Select From Map link.
3. For each station you wish to monitor, click the dot next to the station you wish to monitor. Click it again to deselect the station.
4. Click the Save Selections button once you are finished. The map view will close automatically.
Specific time alerts send notifications at a specific time, regardless of whether or not there are outages.
Interval alerts send notifications at the beginning of the time interval and each time there is a change in elevator status for your selected station(s). A good use of a specific time alert would be to set one up before you leave your home. Interval alerts are better suited for cases where your trips may not be as well-defined. Examples include an evening outing or weekend shopping trip.
Here is a sample notification sent to an email address:
OUT Foggy Bottom-GWU – Elevator between platform and mezzanine.
OUT Gallery Place – Elevator to street level.
ALL elevators at Union Station are operational.
Here is a sample notification to a mobile phone:
OUT COLL Elevator between street and mezzanine on east side of station at Kiss & Ride
OUT MTVE Elevator between street and mezzanine
ALL @ FORT IN
Yes; this is due to the text message length limitation imposed by some mobile carriers. When sending notifications to a mobile device, ELstat sends out abbreviated versions of notifications if the delivery option is a mobile phone number.
You can view the full list from the link below:
This varies based on your mobile carrier and phone plan. Please contact your mobile carrier for details.
There might be several possible reasons, including:
1. No alert matching the day/time/station exists in your account, or may be disabled.
2. Your email or phone number may not be assigned as a delivery option for that alert.
3. The notification may have been marked as spam by your service provider.
4. The elevator may not have been recorded as out of service by WMATA personnel.
If you believe you should have received a notification but did not, check your alert settings or contact WMATA's Customer Service at 202-637-1328 (weekdays from 8 AM to 5 PM) if you need further assistance.